Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Go Pirates!

- Post by Staci Wiser, Purchasing Dept 

Ok, I know that you must be thinking, “Wait, isn’t ReSource in Texas? Why is she cheering for Pittsburgh?” Well yes, you are right, so while it is hard to cheer for a baseball team other than the Rangers, I make an exception every Saturday morning to cheer on my Godson, Jordan, and the Pittsburgh Pirates! (And I’ll just secretly hope that next season they get to be the Texas Rangers!!)

I love watching baseball, but another reason I enjoy going to the games is to soak up some sun and to spend time with Jordan’s mom, my best friend of almost 15 years! Baseball games are a great time for us to sit back, relax, and enjoy a nice iced coffee. Oh, and we keep the books, so we have to pay pretty close attention to the game too! In fact, I have learned quite a bit about the game from watching Jordan play over the past couple of years. For example, this is him being “baseball ready”.

Although we lost this past Saturday, there were a lot of good hits and good plays, and some funny ones too! You’ll have the occasional player that would rather draw in the dirt and sometimes you wonder why you don’t have a left fielder, and then you see that it's because they’re asleep in the dugout! You can be sure though that come time for end of the game snacks and stickers, no one is left sleeping!

Next Saturday is sure to be another fun game. You never know what you’re going to see in little league, but I know I’ll be there cheering on my favorite # 6! Go Jordan!!


No comments:

Post a Comment